Sunday, July 20, 2008

Sock Yarns

I've been fortunate enough lately to have won several sock yarns on ebay and I wanted to share them with you. Each yarn in its own special way captured my attention and I had to have them. The soft colors are soothing for my eyes as Southern California's light is so bright (sometimes I feel like the odd man out as so many knitters prefer the brightly colored sock yarns). I have been rewarded with the soft textures of these yarns which will be a total pleasure to work with. I have been working with Schaefer Yarns, they have spoiled me with the quality of their yarns, watching your knitting project develop is so satisfying as this incredible yarn knits up beautiful. While I am still a sock novice I am enjoying the process so much. Part of the joy has come from reading other blogs and learning from their experiences, some have shared their knowledge with me thru wonderful emails which I plan on organizing so that I can draw from this treasure trove when I need it. If anyone has any suggestions on favorite sock patterns using these yarns I would welcome them.
Lorna's Laces Sandridge

Lorna's Laces Black Purl
This adorable couple are both Schaefer Yarn "Anne" the colors on the right hank are browns and sages, and the one on the left is various shades of brown - leaning towards cinnamon.

Cherry Tree Hill (on the left) is a soft green Schaefer Yarn's "Anne" (on the right) has various shades of green and reminds me of a cedar which has been only kissed by the sun while still mostly hidden in the shade.



1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I love the Sandridge. I'll have to see if it is still available.

Thanks for entering my contest.

Happy Knitting!