Saturday, September 6, 2008

Fruitful Saturday

I found quite by accident a new place to try for coffee, it is most conveniently located just down the street from my favorite yarn store and in the same shopping center as my favorite market. The name of this place is Panera Bread http://www.panerabread.com/ , it has the same feeling as a coffee house. On my next visit I plan on claiming one of these comfy chairs and to sit sipping my coffee, the lighting is decent and should lend itself to knitting. There is even covered outdoor seating to escape to if the place gets too noisy or crowded.
There were sooo many things to choose from, I'm not sure what I'll pick for my next visit, here are a couple of goodies that caught my eye.


Hutington Center is a wonderful outdoor shopping mall where you can comfortably stroll past some fun stores in a manicured setting (quite Orange County). There is outdoor dining at several places and it really never gets too cold or too hot to enjoy being here, it is only few miles for the ocean and keeps a temperate climate.
While at the mall I found these lovelies, they will make wonderful toppings for the scones I plan to bake tomorrow morning for breakfast.

I also discovered these books in the bookstore there (see I told you it was a fruitful day) the names alone captured my interest and shall be saved for a cool weather day, for reading at my favorite coffee house (next to the fireplace).



I have been eagerly awaiting the release of this book, it is chock full of beautiful photos and if it is anything like the yarnstorm blog, then it will be delightful reading indeed! Well I have to get back to my knitting so that I will have something to share on that front shortly. Tomorrow I shall share photos of the yarn I bought today at Suzoo's as the lighting this afternoon is just too bright for photos.

1 comment:

Kody May said...

Yay! It's beautiful! I heard Friday Night Knitting Club is going to be a movie starring Julia Roberts. Lovely pictures as always!