Thursday, May 14, 2009

Petite Socks

I just completed the first of the Vilai sock for a very petite friend of mine, I modified the pattern so that it came just above the ankle, she has very small feet (size 5) and has a petite stature so I thought this version would be suitable. Oh by the way - it is a delight to knit for someone so small! The sock came about very quickly and has motivated me to start to second sock immediately (I have to remember all the changes I made). This sock pattern is alot of fun to knit and really holds my interest. The sock yarn was one I had won from ebay, it is wool and nylon and has pretty good stitch definition.

She really likes this sock and thinks I'm a fast knitter. (That could definitely earn her some future socks).


FUN! FUN! FUN!

I met with a knitting group at the L.A. Farmer's market, what a delightful group of women, I had such a great time, I will definitely be back next month. I found the group on a lively blog called LA IS MY BEAT (http://ellenbloom.blogspot.com/ ), there is something about this woman that just draws you in - she has panache. I felt so comfortable with this group, no expectations on any one's part, just sharing the pure joy of knitting and chatting.


The sweetest little baby was there, she was just a bundle of joy, all laughs and smiles with the prettiest blue eyes.




4 comments:

Ellen Bloom said...

Thanks for the shout-out, Jean! We loved having you join our little group.

Anyone else interested...It's the WeHo SnB. 2nd Saturday of every month, 10am - noon, upstairs dining area at the Original Farmers Market, 3rd & Fairfax, LA.

Marguerite said...

Very nice sock. I'm looking forward to knitting some of the Cookie socks with the traveling stitches.

How does it work knitting and chatting? I'm afraid I would have to frog every stitch I knit once I got homw and paid attention to my knitting once again.

smariek said...

That's a beautiful sock! Love the color and stitch definition of the yarn.

Have a wonderful weekend!

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Gorgeous sock!! And yay for knitting with a new group of friends!