Monday, August 11, 2008

Just Flowers

Last night (after dark) I decided that I wanted to bring some Lavender to work so out to the garden I strolled and cut them in the dark, a little trickly, but they turned out fine as you can see from the photo below. I like to reuse bottles as I won't worry about losing another vase in transit, this bottle held Vanilla Extract and it seems to work just fine.

Bright colors are not usually my thing, but this past year has been an adventure in color for me, I may venture even further next year with larger blooms as I think they may provide the opportunity for interesting photos. The difficulty in photographing (at least for me) the tall spikes of this Delphinium is that I lose the flower definition when I try to bring the entire stalk into the photo so I chose to concentrate on a few magnificent blooms (they remind me of skirts with the petticoats peaking out).

This photo was taken on a slightly overcast day, yet the bright blue Larkspur still manage to pop with color.
It was last spring when I took this photo, The colors were so vivid and this one in particular really stood out from the rest of the Azaleas.

No comments: